Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Honey-Orange-Glazed Ham Steaks with Spicy Black Bean, Zucchini, and Corn Salsa



Zest and juice of 2 Oranges
1 TBSP ground coriander
1/2 C honey
1 TBSP chili powder
Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 C Chicken Stock or Broth
3 TBSP extra-virgin olive Oil
1 large red onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 small Zucchini, thinly sliced into disks
1 10-oz box frozen Corn Kernels
2 large Ham Steaks, cut in half
1 15 oz can Black Beans, grained and rinsed
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1/4 C fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves.


This recipe is from Rachel Ray's cookbook 365: No Repeats.  This was a deliciously prepared meal. I was a bit skeptical of the jalapeno pepper, only because I am a bit hesitant when it comes to spicy foods. I only used one large ham steak and I felt as if that was in great proportion to the salsa. This meal had a great kick to it. I bit of spice in the salsa and then as I indulged in the ham expecting to be sweetly rewarded, the ham gave me a little kick with the chili powder I forgot that I had applied.  This meal would be great for a dinner party, it was easy to prepare and quick but the taste was long-lasting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment