Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sesame Beef with Green Beans

I made this last night, but since I am just starting this blog I am trying to add some of the stuff that I have been taking pictures of. This is called Sesame Beef with Green Beans. It was featured in the Hannaford Fresh magazine that comes out every two months or so. If you love stir-fry, you will love this recipe! It is simple, quick and you do not need many for ingredients. They are as follows:

2 TSP toasted sesame oil
3 TBSP reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 TBSP honey
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
2 TBSP sesame seeds
1 LB. boneless stir-fry beef
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
3 TBSP water
1 pkg. trimmed fresh green beans
1 C precut matchstick carrots
4 C brown rice
2 scallions, thinly sliced

I made a few renditions to what they called for: I did not use reduced-sodium soy sauce. I used more than a pinch of red pepper flakes, probably about a TBSP. I did not use 2 TBSP of sesame seeds. I used less than a TBSP of ginger, but that's because I was merely grating it right into the pan.

I recommend cooking the rice on the stove, I did it in the microwave as they suggested and it took much longer than I had hoped for and, in my opinion it would have been easier just to do it on the stovetop.

This recipe was delightful. It's simplicity was recognized in the minimal amount of ingredients, yet it's taste was far from dull. The hint of honey in the thick sauce added a bit of lasting sweetness in your mouth and the scallions, although not very abrasive, somehow snuck into every bite giving you that great sensation and battle between sweet and zesty.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment