Thursday, January 14, 2010

I must start by saying, Kudos to Erika Irish for being my first follower! Awesome!

So last night my boyfriend, Barton made us Spring Chicken with Leeks and Peas, Served with Lemon Rice. This is another great Rachel Ray recipe from her book 365: No Repeats. I swear this woman is a genius! This would make a delicious summer meal. It would be perfect to have hot or cold. We didn't add any salt or pepper. I think if we had, I would have omitted the salt and added about 1/2 TBSP pepper, but I like pepper.  Here it comes:

2 C chicken stock or broth
1 C white rice
     Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
1 TBSP unsalted butter, but into small pieces
1 1/2 -2 lbs Chicken Breast Tenders, but into small bite-size pieces
2 medium leeks, trimmed of tough tops and roots
1/2 C dry white wine
1 10 oz box frozen green peas


Now after typing these ingredients up, I just realized that in my last two blogs I didn't actually give any instructions...that would probably be helpful. So here are my instructions for this, even though Barton made it:

Sit at the kitchen table, work on your blog, while your boyfriend cooks.... okay okay..

-Bring the chicken stock to a boil. After it has come to a boil put in the rice, lemon zest, and 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil. Return to boil and then simmer until all the stock is gone.

Heat a large nonstick skillet and add the remaining extra-virgin olive oil and the butter. Let the butter melt and then add the chicken. Cook thoroughly.

Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, rinse and cut into slices about the size of your pinky finger. Put leeks in a colander and rinse while seperating the layers.

Cook the leeks with the chicken. Add the white wine. Add the peas. Saute all together. Turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice.

Plate the rice with the chicken concoction and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment